Saturday, May 02, 2009

weekly post from May 1, 2009

Hello friends & loved ones,

Happy May!

I've been thinking a lot this week about my life, how I choose to live it and the choices I make. If I'm not hurting anyone or committing any crime or being destructive in my behaviors, then why would someone else be bothered or uncomfortable or offended by the way I DO live? Why would someone shun me or pass judgment on me? I'll bet Jesus asked himself that question a lot while he was performing miracles, calling people out for hurting others. He did not let those negative and hateful people stop him from preaching about truth, love, acceptance and inclusion.It's the same way with us-as long as we are living our lives in God, being truthful to ourselves and others and not hurting those we love, we're living God-like lives. The hard part is keeping the hatred out of our own hearts and remembering that even though there are people who judge us, we should continue to pray for them and not harbor any ill will.This weekend and in the coming weeks, rise above the fear and negativity of those that try to beat you down and live a life you can be proud of. Someone else's discomfort represents ignorance, fear and intolerance-the opposite of what Jesus stood for.

Have a great weekend and stay safe, stay happy and stay healthy.

love,paul

No comments: