Monday, April 24, 2006

I have a lot of respect for people who can sit down everyday and write. I am not that disciplined besides, I haven't felt compelled to write about anything. Besides, Jim commented this morning that my last post was back on the 15; he had an accusatory tone. He was right. Leave it to the entertainment industry to get me out of my funk. I got a newsletter email today announcing the new book by gay writer Augusten Burroughs. The new book, Possible Side Effects, will be out on May 2 and on the writer's website is a trailer of the movie version of his first memoir, Running With Scissors. I truly enjoyed the book and hopefully the director, who is also the creator of the tv show Nip/Tuck, will not ruin the story. It has a great cast: Annette Bening, Brian Cox, Gwyneth Paltrow (ok, she's not great but alright), Jill Clayburgh, Joseph Fiennes (yes, Ralph's little brother), Evan Rachel Wood, Alec Baldin, and Kristin Chenoweth. The character who plays Augusten is a relative newcomer by the name of Joseph Cross. I say relative because he has been in some episodes of more than a few tv shows, including Touched By An Angel, Third Watch, and Smallville. He's also been in several movies, some of which have not yet been released. Running is due out in September after a long drawn out court battle by the Massachusetts family that is depicted in the book. What's really cool is our friends in Massachusetts knows one of the women of the crazy Finch family that is portrayed in the book and is somewhat familiar with the history of the family. One of these days while we are visiting for Thanksgiving, I'll convince them to drive past Burroughs's home and maybe I can catch a glimpse of him. He'll be on the Today show on May 2, the day the book comes out, and I'll be one of the first in line when the movie opens.

peace out,

paul

No comments: