Sunday, September 10, 2006

weekly post from September 9, 2006

Mea culpa. I didn't write last week because I was a lazy slug!!!

Hello my friends & loved ones,

Another week has gone by and the weekend is full upon us. Today we moved into our new church and it is totally fab! There is so much room and storage space (even more than I remember when I originally toured it). Many people from the church met and hauled the stuff in and then set about getting things set. I worked last night (so I can have Sunday night off) till 6:20 this morning and was at the church by 8:15 and after showing off my man muscles (haha) I left around noon. I proceeded to crash when I got home around 1:30 and slept until almost 6. Jim got home a little later than me. Tomorrow is the first Sunday we'll be worshipping in the church and it's so exciting. It's the first time in the history of our church that we've been in an actual church building; it only took 25 years. Better late than never!!! Now we are just lazing around watching the telly. Which brings me to the title of this week's email.

The title does not suggest that I've become a transvestite drug addict. It refers to the start of the tv season and the admission that I really like tv. Jim likes tv too but he isn't as addicted or neurotic about it as I am. Jim addicted and neurotic (that's a laugh and a half). When I watch a show I do watch every week. If I do miss a week, my mood becomes black and dour (I am part Scottish, after all). It's not really that bad but I do get a bit upset. Tv could be described as a bit of an addiction. No, I wouldn't really go that far but as I said earlier, I really like tv. Besides there are worse things I could be "addicted" to. It's cool because there are shows that only I like to watch, shows that only Jim likes and then shows that both of us like watching together. And Jim has been on an ABC Family kick lately picking up 3 shows from that channel (Seventh Heaven, Kyle XY, and Three Moons Over Milford. Seventh Heaven is the only one I find mildly entertaining. Actually the more I watch it the more I get into it.) I think this year marks a record number of shows that I'm going to be watching each week. This year there are no fewer than 20 shows that I will be watching (2 don't start until January). The show that I enjoyed the most last season was American Idol. The returning shows I'm most looking forward to this year are American Idol, Lost, 24, and Survivor. The new shows I'm most looking forward to are Brothers & Sisters, Heroes, The Nine, Ugly Betty, and Six Degrees. I'm very excited about the season this year; it seems like there are a lot more "quality" shows but whether they are any good or remain on the air for the entire season remains to be seen.

peace,

paul

No comments: