Thursday, September 13, 2007

Radical Radio-September Edition

Well don't believe the people who say there's nothing good on the radio unless you have satellite. I do and I could never imagine going back to plain old radio but there are some really good songs being played right (in my humble opinion). Below are just a few.

****Dance Floor Anthem-Good Charlotte-To listen to the song one would think it's a positive song; and it is in a way. Listen to the lyrics and you'll find that it's about breaking up and how everyone does it at one point or another. The lyrics, "Don't be afraid to get down say, I don't wanna be in love, I don't wanna be in love" are cynical sounding but the song is way more toe-tapping fun than that Tubthumping song from the 90's.

Because Of You-Reba McEntire (w/Kelly Clarkson)-Yes, the original American Idol winner did cover this song first and now joins Reba on a countrified version of the ballad. It works well as a country song and Reba & Kelly both blend nicely. It's from Reba's highly anticipated (I'm the one anticipating) new CD called Duets which comes out next Tuesday. I'm still not a fan of the lyrics but the song still sounds great.

Stronger-Kanye West-The first single off Kanye's new CD features some silly lines, "you know how long I've been on ya? Since Prince was on Appolonia, since OJ had Isotoners" but the song is a toe-tapping good time. The song does of course feature a sample which is from Daft Punk's song Harder Better Faster Stronger.

You Are The One-Shiny Toy Guns-This song from the quartet from LA is reminiscent of some of the best alt songs from the 80's such as It's My Life from Talk Talk and Send Me An Angel by Real Life.

peace,

paul

No comments: