Sunday, December 02, 2007

weekly post from December 1, 2007

Hello friends & loved ones,

Last week was my first weekly email in a long time. I was reminded that I had not posted
on my blog since October; and even that posting wasn't anything significant. I apologize
to those of you who did not get my email last week, I know I missed several of you.

Today is World AIDS Day and I have never known anyone to die of the disease. I do know
some people who are living with it. That is the key; living! I'm reminded of something
today as I complain about the slow driver in front of me, whine that I don't have enough
money after my bills, fume that I don't know when my favorite shows will have new
episodes again and become petulant when I am too busy to do things that I want to do.
I'm reminded that I am healthy and, even though it's no longer considered a death
sentence, I do not have to live each day remembering to take my meds, worrying that I
might catch, and never recover from, the cold that is going around, or being afraid if
I'm ever going to find someone to love me even though I have an incurable and infectious
disease. I will continue to remind myself of the fact that I am healthy and remember to
pray each day for those who are not. I urge each of you to do the same. And remember to
live, live, live. We never know when we won't have the opportunity to do so.

On a lighter and final note, if you get a chance to rent a movie in the next couple of
weeks then rent the movie Vitus (it's available at Hollywood Video). It's the story of a
child piano prodigy who is pushed by his mother to excel, all the while forcing him to
live a childhood he does not want. It's a really well done film and, yes, it's in German
with English subtitles, however, don't let that deter you. The casting, especially of
the child, is really nicely done and it will make you think.

Until next time, stay safe, stay healthy, and stay happy. And remember to live your own
life.

love,

paul

No comments: