Sunday, July 27, 2008

Race for '08

While driving to the post office this evening to return some Netflix movies, I realized I was noticing an interesting "trend." The Presidential election is about a little over 3 months from now and Clinton, Kucinich and Romney are all way out. The two runners are John McCain and Barack Obama. I still think Obama is an idiot for not choosing Clinton as a running mate and I'm convinced that even though she wanted to be President, she would have accepted to be his mate. That would have been huge! So we are stuck with bad and worse (in my humble opinion; I honestly don't know who I will vote for but I WILL vote).

Anyway, what I noticed is that I have yet to see a "vote for McCain" sticker, yard sign, bumper sticker, flyer or button. I've seen plenty of "Obama for President" signs and I find that really interesting. Interesting in more ways than one, not the least of which is that Obama is African-American and part of me is convinced the country is not ready for an African-American President. Or maybe that's just me being stuck in the 18th century.

Obama is a powerful speaker and charming but can he lead a country? Only time will tell and we will soon enough know if that question is even moot or not.

Talk to you soon.

peace,

paul

No comments: