Thursday, April 07, 2005

oooh, I've got a good one today

Thank heavens this week is almost over. It's been a long week and the saving grace has been the melting of the snow and the absolute springlike weather. I know, I know, it's not springlike, it's actually spring. Anyway, I've got spring fever, I just feel like I want to be outside with the birds and running barefoot in the grass (yes, just like Laura Ingalls). Maybe I can put that on my to do list for the weekend.

Ridiculous item of the day: So that's where they get the NYC taxi drivers from.....Anyone going to Lima, Peru, anytime soon? Yes, I'm sure you all are. If you do then take a taxi or bus at your own risk. According to a survey done by Lima's San Marcos University, many of the bus and taxi drivers have psychopathic tendencies. These include anxious, antisocial, and aggressive behavior. 40% of the drivers suffer from psychological problems and many would feel no guilt if they injured or ran over a pedestrian. Each year hundreds of lives are claimed in bus and taxi crashes; 85 were killed in crashes in the last three months of 2004 alone. I do have to wonder though; are we sending the drivers over there or are they coming over here? Hmmmmmm................. I guess bad drivers really are everywhere.

Enjoy YOUR day

paul

No comments: