Tuesday, November 14, 2006

G-Man: Another "young'un" has come out of the closet. Earlier this year Lance Bass, formerly of 'Nsync, came out and announced he was also in a relationship with Reichen Lehmkuhl (a former winner on The Amazing Race). Now comes news that former Doogie Howser, Neil Patrick Harris, is out of the closet (officially). And it appears to have happened as a non-issue. It wasn't front page news or breaking news, nor should it be. I've heard rumors before that he was gay but now he's claiming (and I'm summarizing) that he is content living as a gay man. Harris (the same age as me) is currently playing a womanizer on How I Met Your Mother, the CBS comedy. I have to say after having seen this show a few times, he's good and sometimes funny. I was saying earlier this year that we need more young people coming out of the closet so let's hope this is a trend that is here to stay. And let's hope there continues to be a collective yawn as new people come out of the closet. I don't mean that in a negative way, I mean that it won't matter if more and more people come out. It will certainly be exciting to a gay man like me and I'll be right there with a thumbs up but anything more than that that makes a big deal of it is not needed.

peace,

paul

No comments: