Monday, December 04, 2006

weekly post from December 3, 2006

Hello friends & loved ones,

Another week has passed and taken us to the first weekend of the last month of the year. Pretty soon we will be writing the number 7 in the date section of our checks. It's so hard to believe as it seems like just yesterday I was trying to remember to write 6 instead of 5.

Jim and I went for a nice hike yesterday with some people from church and we're thinking of trying to do it every other weekend (which is how often the man who organized the group wants to do it). It felt really good and we were both invigorated. In other news, I've worked my last Sunday (which was last Sunday). I recently got a schedule change in which I will work Mon-Fri instead of Sun-Thur. I don't particularly relish the thought of working Friday nights but it will be splendid having Sunday nights off. It still feels like a dream.

Right now we are just chilling in front of the tube after a full day of church and, for Jim, a remembrance service (with 300 people). The sun was out today and it was so radiant that it was a bit shocking. Of course, now we are being threatened with snow; snow which the midwest and Canada has already been socked with. Or maybe it's different snow.

As you settle into your Sunday night just remember that I pray and think of you each day. I hope that as the Christmas/Hannukah season gets closer, you are able to call up patience, tolerance and kindness. Pray for each other as I pray for you.

paul

No comments: