Monday, December 04, 2006

weekly post from November 25, 2006

Hello friends & loved ones,

Another Thanksgiving is behind us and now the big "C" looms straight ahead. I hope each of you enjoyed the holiday and didn't eat too terribly much and were able to take time to realize how many blessings and gifts each of you has. It's always weird for me working on holidays; I don't automatically have them off. I stopped at Wegman's on my way home from work on Thursday morning and the cashier wished me a Happy Thanksgiving. My brain took a moment to process what she had said before I could reciprocate the well wishing. My brain didn't immediately register that it was a holiday.

We finally got our new bird feeders up and the new pole. The other feeders and pole were destroyed earlier this year by a black bear. We'll have to be diligent in making sure the new feeders don't get destroyed. We'll probably bring the feeders in at night once hibernation is over. Of course the weather has been so mild that we may have start doing that tonight. Do bears hibernate even if it's mild?

It's been a relaxing morning as both Jim and I decided to treat ourselves to a Sunday off. The weather is close to 60 and the sun is shining. Two years ago today as we were coming back from Massachusetts we were in a car accident. A young woman (lesbian from what we could ascertain and seeing her interaction with the woman who picked her up). The woman was passing us and hydroplaned and hit us causing us to lose control and hit the guardrail. Thankfully everyone was ok. Things could change in the blink of an eye so cherish each moment.

paul

No comments: