Sunday, August 26, 2007

weekly post from August 24, 2007

Hello friends & loved ones,

Another week and one more day closer to September and fall. I won't remind you what comes after that. How is it that summer is near the end already? How is it possible that we are so close to starting a new decade? Where in the heck does the time go?

I don't know how your week went but my week was not the best one; in fact the whole second part of July and first part of August was not the best for me. I had something this past week and it wasn't pretty. Yes, I spent the better part of the week praying to the porcelain God. For me, it was the first time in 11 1/2 years. The last time that happened was February of 1996; shortly after my birthday. Although my birthday had nothing to do with me getting sick.

It got me thinking, though, just how many movies there are in which a character gets sick; and how many there are in which we as the viewer have to actually see it. I reviewed a movie on my blog last week in which the "sick" device was used multiple times. From now on I'm going to keep a running tally on my blog of movies I see in which a character gets sick and whether or not it happens off-screen or onscreen. I really think that when it comes to losing one's cookies, the less seen the better.

Until next week: Stay safe, stay happy, and STAY HEALTHY.

love,

paul

No comments: