Friday, August 12, 2005

It's finally Friday, thank heavens. And speaking of heaven, I just want to make one additional comment about yesterday's entry on evolution. I believe in God and I believe in Darwin's evolution theory. I don't think that's a contradiction at all.

My Oscar video pick of the week is not an original movie (big surprise). Stalag 17, based on the play of the same name, a 1953 movie tells the story of a group of Americans being held prisoner during WWII. I read the play years and years ago while I was in college but had never seen the movie. It stars William Holden (who won the Actor Oscar) and a 27 year old Peter Graves. The behavior of Holden's character causes the other men in the bunker to think that he is passing secret information to the Germans. The confrontation at the end when the traitor is exposed is one of those classic "yes" movie moments. That's when the viewer is watching the movie just waiting for the antagonist to get their comeuppance. When it finally comes the viewer ends up yelling out "yes!"

Cindy Sheehan, whose son died in Iraq in April of last year, has been camped out at President Bush's ranch for about a week now. The president is on vacation for five weeks but he cannot be bothered to go out and talk with one of the citizens of his country. How very sad!!!! I'm so glad other military families have joined her as it's about time Bush became accountable for something. Don't even get me started on Karl Rove. The question isn't whether Rove committed a crime but whether he acted inappropriately and the question is yes. Anyone else at any other job would have been fired already.

Here's a "stupid" jaw dropper: Three teens in Missouri sold themselves on Ebay. The teens, who start college soon, wanted some extra money and "sold" themselves to do tedious tasks for a week. The final price tag: $246.50 Haha, how pathetic. One teen said that he wouldn't do it again. Yeah, get a real job.

I'm very disappointed in the new cast of Survivor. Yes, I truly enjoy watching this show, however, out of 16 new cast members, only three are over the age of 40. Only one is over the age of 50. Talk about ageism. I quite enjoy seeing middle aged people, sometimes even more than younger people. They have more life experience, are wiser, more prepared and a lot of the men are much sexier.

Enjoy your day,

paul

1 comment:

Chris said...

Found this blog on a search. You have a very level headed writing style. I like what I see.