Sunday, August 07, 2005

A wonderfully cool Sunday, we'd better enjoy it while we can because the heat is supposed to come back tomorrow, oy vey (I'm a Jewish wannabe).

I'm so tired of commercials playing songs that I like. There's an suv commercial out that has the song Dust In The Wind playing over the commercial. That's a classic and I don't like hearing it cheapened by a car commercial. There's a newer song that was played on HBO earlier this year. The song is called Run by a group called Snow Patrol. I know, you may not know who the hell I'm talking about, however, I like the song and they played it while previews of the HBO movie Empire Falls played. Then they played the same song during previews of David E. Kelley's tv show The Law Firm. Whatever happened to original jingles? I mean, come on, Dr. Pepper's "Be A Pepper," Nair's "We Wear Short Shorts," and even McDonalds's annoying "Ba Da Bop Bop Ba, I'm Lovin' It" jingle. These are original and don't resort to playing good radio songs to death.

Was Jimi Hendrix gay? No, but according to a new book, Room Full Of Mirrors by Charles R. Cross, Hendrix told officers he was in love with one of the mates in his unit and that he had also become addicted to masturbating. Instead of being released due to an injury, as had been reported, he was released because of homosexual tendencies. I guess this was before all of the drugs killed his brain cells.

Enjoy your day,

paul

No comments: