Friday, November 04, 2005

I think I'm back in the groove, for now anyway. For a while there I just didn't feel like writing; I didn't feel inspired. I would not want to have to write for a living because I would be very very poor. I have a better appreciation for professional writers who experience writer's block.

I've been seeing the trailer for the movie Memoirs Of A Geisha; actually I've been seeing it for a while. Being the avid reader that I am, I recently read the book. I read it mainly because if a movie is coming out that was originally a book I like to try and read the book first. I had heard the name of the book bandied about from time to time over the years (it was written in 1997) but had never read it; until now. It was a bit difficult at times because the book is about the life and culture of Geisha; not a subject I'm immediately interested in. It follows one of the most popular Geisha in early to mid 20th century and how she deals with the two lives she has always wanted: the life of a Geisha and having the love of her life. It's a fascinating book and I'm really looking forward to the movie. Forget Harry Potter and Narnia, for me the movie event of the fall is Memoirs. It will be really nice if the film is a contender for Best Picture.

Enjoy your day,

paul

No comments: