Thursday, November 17, 2005

It's time for the traffic jam of winter. The time of year when movie studios roll out their best films in the hope that they will be fresh in Academy voters' minds when they vote on them for the big prize. Starting tomorrow there is at least one movie opening up each week for the next month and a half. Therefore, I'll be taking up residence at the theaters in and around Rochester. My mail and calls will be forwarded. Such films as King Kong, Brokeback Mountain, Transamerica, Narnia, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Rent and Syriana are highly anticipated by me. The piece de resistance of the season is Memoirs Of A Geisha. I have been seeing the trailer for this film for months but I still haven't tired of it. The book was extremely compelling and I was totally absorbed by it. I know I should expect to be disappointed by the film but I'm really really looking forward to it. I don't think I've ever felt this way about a movie before, it's really weird.

Wherever you are today, be happy and peace be with you.

paul

No comments: