Friday, January 06, 2006

1/6/06

Shutting the Book: One place that the new tv show The Book Of Daniel won't be shown is on NBC channel WTWO in Terre Haute, IN. The station manager has given in to pressure from the American Family Association (what a generic name for a group). Too many emails and calls protesting the airing of the show forced general manager, Duane Lammers, to decide not to air the program. I don't know what the big deal is. No, I haven't seen it yet but it IS only a tv show. It's not even the most controversial thing on tv right now either. HBO has a more controversial show set to begin this year called Big Love. Love centers around one man, a polygamist, and his relationship with his three, yes 3, wives. They all live in the same neighborhood too. It's not stated which religion he is but I wonder if maybe it's Mormon.

Say WHAT??? The remark that Pat Robertson made last year about how the US should assassinate Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez was bad enough, now he has to pick on another leader; and one that just had a stroke too. On Thursday Robertson said that the stroke Prime Minister Ariel Sharon suffered was divine punishment. Does anybody really want to listen to a minister who makes such ignorant and insensitive remarks? I personally think he needs to hang up his cloth immediately. I've never believed that God just sits around handing out punishments. I think that's absurd.

And one more thought: Jim officially knows everyone. I had to make an appointment to have a wisdom tooth removed and when I mentioned the name of the doctor I was referred to Jim said he knew the doctor. He buried the mother and father of the doctor. Talk about small world.

No comments: