Monday, January 30, 2006

Accolades for the actors

The Best Actor race in this year's Oscar race is by far the most congested race; there are going to be several actors who have been lauded who don't get a nom. That just makes it more difficult for me. I'll give it a go. Here's who I think will get a nod for a nom.

Heath Ledger-Brokeback Mountain
Joaquin Phoenix-Walk The Line
Philip Seymour Hoffman-Capote
Terrence Howard-Hustle & Flow
Russell Crowe-Cinderella Man

I could be wrong on Crowe in which case I'll predict Ralph Fiennes will slip in for a nod in The Constant Gardener. Actually I'm hoping that happens anyway. The one actor I don't have on here that will probably end up on here is David Strathairn for Good Night, and Good Luck and that's if Crowe is left off.

Ladies....... The Best Actress race is once again slim this year. Why can't women get good roles? They can, they are just few and far between. Here are my picks for who will get nominated in the fair sex category.

Reese Witherspoon-Walk The Line
Keira Knightley-Pride & Prejudice
Charlize Theron-North Country
Judi Dench-Mrs. Henderson Presents
Felicity Huffman-Transamerica

Charlize and Judi are kind of crap shoots and Laura Linney from The Squid and The Whale could sneak in as could Joan Allen from The Upside Of Anger; she's more of a gamble than Linney.

No comments: