Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Vacation 1

I'm sitting here in 66 degree weather in shorts and sandals in Melbourne, FL, visiting Jim's family. Everyone else is bundled up in their coats, pants, and scarves and Jim and I are laughing at them. Jim's family are good people and we are down here to visit them and celebrate my "special" day; the day in which I was popped out into this world. The last time I was here for my birthday I turned 30. On the plane ride down we were able to get upgraded to business class. We had a drink before the other people were even done boarding. We did have to finish the drink before the plane took off; not a problem considering what a lush I am (it's the Scottish in me). For snacks we had pretzels, chips, and whale crackers to choose from. Whale crackers are just like those cheese goldfish only shaped like whales and Jim is convinced that the whales have the male anatomy on them. Tomorrow we will have dinner with Jim's sister and her boyfriend. She would probably be chagrined to hear it put that way but hey I'm just the writer. More later, paul

No comments: