Monday, May 22, 2006

weekly post from May 20, 2006

Hello my friends & loved ones,

It's been a chilly week and it's the middle of May. The sun has been refreshing yet the overcast days and cold nights have made it seem more like fall than spring.

Last evening, Jim and I went to see a very funny film called Kinky Boots. It tells the story of a young man in Northampton who, after his father dies, is compelled to take over the family shoe business. The business has been in operation for several generations and faced with having to lay off his staff and potentially having to sell the business, the man realizes he needs a new product. Enter a drag queen named Lola who gets him interested in women's boots, or rather boots that are strong enough in the heel to hold a man. The film is very funny and charming.

This weekend was our church's big garage sale and Jim and I spent some time this weekend helping out. Actually, I should say, Jim spent a lot of time helping out and I spent some time helping out. Although I did get to show off my man muscles by helping move some big pieces of furniture; including a dryer and a tv. I like the way people are impressed by how manly I am.

I've lived in this area for 6 years and I've missed the Lilac Festival every year, including this one. It just seems we have other things going on every year when the festival is going on. One of these years, hopefully, I'll get to go.

That's it for this week. Next week I'll review The DaVinci Code. A success or a terrible adaptation. Enjoy your week and take care of yourselves. Stay safe, stay happy, and stay healthy.

No comments: