Sunday, May 28, 2006

weekly post from May 27, 2006

Hello friends & loved ones,

Jim and I had two date nights in a row but we are not doing well with movies. Yesterday we went to see X-Men III: The Last Stand and it was not even close to as good as the first two. I like to joke that it's because the first two were directed by a gay guy. The third one had too many mutants and not enough story for them. There were some good special effects though. After the movie we went a Lebanese restaurant called Oasis. The food was fabulous. We had a salad (I really like Greek salads), an entree and dessert and neither one of us felt full or uncomfortable. The waitress was a young, cute and chatty college student. The cook even came out and made Jim Turkish coffee (like he used to have in Baghdad). And it was a restaurant that I had never eaten at before (Jim, of course, had been there before. He's been everywhere it seems.).

Today we went with our church group to see The DaVinci Code. Really, read the book. The book was exciting and fast paced while the movie was boring and long. There was no excitement and the ending seemed to go on forever. I honestly cannot see why anyone would want to picket the film. The only thing I can think of is the movie may cause people to question and to think for themselves and not what the church tells them to believe. After the movie today we went to a Thai restaurant called The King & I. Both of our dishes were spicy and the food was not nearly as enjoyable as the food at Oasis.

Now we are relaxing and getting ready for Sunday. I just finished mowing a bit and will finish the rest tomorrow. The whole area I mow covers an acre. For some strange reason I enjoy it; I don't enjoy sweating though.

Well, wherever you are tonight, enjoy yourself. Also have a restful Memorial Day weekend and remember be safe, be healthy, and be happy. And don't forget to think for yourselves.

love,

paul

No comments: