Friday, June 09, 2006

al-Qaida leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was killed this past week and cheers and applause were all the show. I can understand that people would be glad that al-Zarqawi is no longer a threat, however, do we really need to celebrate the death of someone? Especially on national tv. Of course, speculation abounds that one of al-Zarqawi's comrades will take his place and the fight is far from over; insurgents are still all over the place and bombings are still a daily occurrence.

In other news, the Senate failed to get the votes to pass a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage and Vermont Senator Patrick Leahy summed it up nicely. Why are they wasting their time on an amendment to ban same-sex marriage when there are plenty of other more pressing issues plaguing the nation. Don't get me wrong I believe in same-sex marriage, however, I don't think there should be an amendment either way. I believe it should be up to the states.

peace,

paul

No comments: