Wednesday, February 20, 2008

weekly post from February 16, 2008

Hello my friends & loved ones,

What a difference a year makes, indeed! Last year at this exact time I was trying to think of any excuse I could NOT to go to work, I was mean and ugly to my spouse, I was unhappy, I was grouchy, I was falling into an abyss that would last most of the year and I didn't even realize it...YET. It would be another week before I knew there was something seriously wrong and last a full ten months. It was depression coupled with what I call a pre pre mid-life crises. I am not one to dwell on things or talk things to death (unless you talk to my spouse..haha) but I want people to know that it does get better and to reach out and talk, scream, yell, vent, cry or whatever it takes to get to a better and healthier place. Just stop hurting yourself and those around you.

2008 started as a much better year than 2007 and I didn't realize until this week how changed and healthier I am compared to last year. I'm actually excited about the Academy Awards which I have watched religiously (sorry, honey) for 19 years now (or it will be 19 after next Sunday).

My nugget for this week's email is that just because it's February in Western, NY and gray, dreary and desolate doesn't mean there's no sunshine, excitement, hope and possibility; it just means you have to open your eyes to find it. I am here! Yes, I'm putting myself out there to those of you who may be in a dark place. Let me bring you into sunshine and laughter. Don't think I can do it-try me!! I'm always up for a good challenge. I tell people that if I can jump out of an airplane at over 15,000 feet then I can do ALMOST anything. Call on me to bring you out of the darkness and into the sunshine that you can almost only see in the middle of July. I dare you.

No, I'm not high but I am high on life. I've had a resurrection, a rebirth. I feel I'm exactly where I want to be right now. See the possibilities that life has to offer you when you wake up tomorrow morning. If you can't or are having problems, let me know and I'll help. Wow! I sound like a guru or a ZEN master; that's exactly what I was aiming for (haha).

Ok, I'm done rambling. Until next week...stay safe, stay happy and stay HEALTHY.

love,

paul

No comments: