Wednesday, February 20, 2008

weekly post from February 22, 2008

Hello friends & loved ones,

Juno, No Country For Old Men, There Will Be Blood, Atonement, Michael Clayton...No, those aren't just random words or titles but the five movies up for the primo movie award in the country (Other countries have their own equivalent of the Oscars) but this is the weekend that the little gold men come out to play.

Ten years ago the big winner was about an ocean liner that sank whilst two young lovers tried to stay alive and with each other. Who will win this year? I've got my pick but if my life were one of those movies, right now it would be Atonement. Ten years ago this would have been the kind of movie I would have wanted to see win, however, now I'm not even enjoying that my life has that title at this moment in time.

We all make mistakes and end up paying for them in one way or another and that is precisely what I'm currently doing. Thankfully we sometimes realize what we have (and should cherish) before it is too late. I was lucky and do not plan on using another one of my "nine lives" because I might not have another one.

I guess the long and the short of it is be thankful for what you have; treasure it, rejoice in it because whatever you think is better or more enjoyable might turn out to be just "eh, it's alright." Believe me, I found out the hard way.

Pray for each other as I pray for you and here's to hoping I do great on my Oscar picks.


Until next week-stay safe, stay happy and stay healthy.

love,

paul

No comments: