Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I recently celebrated my 36th birthday and got a gift certificate to FYE. Wanna get right to my heart? Just give me a gift certificate to a music store and I'm yours. Ok, seriously though, I bought four new cds. I don't remember offhand what the other three were (don't make me look) but one of them was Britney Spears's sixth studio album, Circus. When I first heard the song "Womanizer", the lead track from the album, I thought it was annoying and it gave me a bit of a headache and, quite frankly, I had had enough of hearing about Britney and her tabloid tales. I would literally change the station.

Then she released the second single, "Circus" and I thought this song is pretty catchy and not terrible. With lyrics such as, "All eyes on me in the center of the ring just like a circus" she isn't just whistling dixie, she's singing about her chaotic life. Some other notable entries are "Out From Under" which details the pain of lost love and not dwelling on the regrets; "Unusual You" which finds La Spears singing about the unpredictable twists and turns of new love and "MMM Papi" a jaunty ditty in which Spears lets her hair down and plays the damsel in distress. The whole album is decent and proves once again that one should not be discounted just because of their personal trials and tribulations. Spears has never been a great singer but she continues to make good and fun music.

Give it a listen on Amazon.com and then go out and buy the cd.

peace,

paul

No comments: