Friday, September 23, 2005

Ahhhh Finally Friday....once the night of such popular shows as Wild Wild West, The Brady Bunch, Dallas, Webster, and Providence, this year offers nothing compelling (at least not to me). I might check out the new Fox show Killer Instinct or the ABC show Supernanny (such bratty kids, such awful parenting) And if I feel the need for something heartwarming or tear inducing I can always check out Amy Grant's new show Three Wishes.

By far the best season premiere I've seen this fall was Lost's premiere. It started out looking like an Alias episode. A male character gets out of bed, goes to the computer, exercises, fixes a disgusting looking protein shake and then there is an explosion. The camera then pans from the man's (we never see his face) "apartment" to the opening of the hatch that the characters have just blown open. The ending was a little too "small world" for my taste but considering the rest of the episode I'm willing to forgive that. As long as the writers keep the thrill and interest and make the mystery work, I'm happy.

More later. Until then, enjoy your day,

paul

No comments: