Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A gray and wet Tuesday and only a couple of days to the official start of fall. I just have to say how great it is that people have opened up their homes to hurricane Katrina victims. People in states as far away as Massachusetts have provided a place to live to people who have lost everything. Who says human kindness is dead?

Tube talk Tuesday: Once the home to such shows as Make Room For Daddy, The Fugitive, Happy Days, Who's The Boss, and Hart to Hart (one of my personal favs growing up) this year I'll be watching Bones and House.

Bones: A little bit Cold Case and a little bit CSI. A forensic anthropologist and an FBI agent study the bones of a dead person to figure out how they died. One thing this show has that those other shows don't have is dreamy David Boreanaz from Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

House: This is our new favorite show. Gregory House is a medical diagnostician; he's erudite, arrogant, standoffish, he distances himself from relationships and, oh yeah, he's British. The humor on this show is wonderful and each episode focuses on one patient as House and his staff try to figure out the mysterious illness that ails the patient. My spouse and I just crammed all 22 episodes from the first season and we didn't want them to end. Luckily the second season is here and we can enjoy it again. House is sometimes very similar to my spouse. He will do or say something that my spouse would do or say and if my spouse were British and just a titch crankier, he and House would be twins.

Network Notches: CBS:1 ABC: 2 Fox: 5 NBC: 0

The ones that got away: The Office with the American Ricky Gervais. That would be Steve Carrell. This show keeps the awkward pauses and uncomfortable situations that were so prevalent in the British series. Unfortunately we don't have TiVo and I'll have to wait for the season 2 DVD. Another show I'll have to miss is My Name Is Earl. This show looks interesting and looks like it might be quite humorous especially with Jason Lee (is it just me or is he somewhat of a sex symbol, especially with that trailer trash mustache).

Well that's it for now. Enjoy your day,

paul

No comments: