Saturday, October 01, 2005

I'm so glad I didn't grow up Catholic. Don't get me wrong, I know some wonderful people who grew up Catholic and growing up Missouri Synod Lutheran was not great for my psyche, however, hearing and reading about the stories of fear, hurt, anger, apathy, and doubt that the Catholic religion has caused in people, I'd choose Luther over the Pope anyday. Now reading about the fact that the Catholic church wants to crack down on homosexuals in the priesthood, it's like gays in the military all over again. Kudos to the Rev. Gerald Chojnacki, a Jesuit, who wants to lead a strike and petition denouncing this witch hunt. If I were clergy, I would be right there with Rev. Chojnacki on strike to show just how important gays are in the priesthood. The statistics show that 25%-50% of Catholics are gay. The irony here is that the Catholic church wants to hunker down and get the gays out but that's not necessarily going to curb the pedophilia that is rampant within the church. Statistics show that pedophilia has nothing to do with being gay but being in control. Hello!!!!!! Let's get the facts here, just because you keep the gays out doesn't mean the priests are going to be celibate and not abuse their parishioners. This is America; the people should demand the truth, the facts, the real story.

Ok, I'm done ranting for the night. I'll write again tomorrow.

Good night,

paul

No comments: