Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The rain has finally stopped and the sun was actually out briefly just a few moments ago. I hear the weekend is supposed to be nice too. Now if only I could get out there and rake those leaves.

Green is for Gay: I remember growing up in Texas and seeing the Walgreen's stores around town. They are still quite abundant in the south though in the past several years they've been popping up in the north too. In fact we have some in Rochester. Anyway, Walgreen's has ponied up $100,000 in support of the gay games. This has caused the conservative Christian group Illinois Family Institute to threaten to boycott the store. Harris Bank and Kraft Foods, both of whom coughed up $25,000, previously drew criticism from the IFI. I don't know about you but I plan on shopping at Walgreen's from now on every chance I get.

No comments: