Thursday, October 27, 2005

I watched Madonna's new movie the other day, I'm Going To Tell You A Secret. It wasn't much to write home about. It showed Madonna performing in different countries during her last tour, auditions for her show, and her musings on Kabbalah. The best parts were of her children Rocco and Lola (Madonna has bratty kids too) and the scenes with her and Guy Ritchie (her hot husband). Also good were the scenes that showed the vulnerable Madonna; the scenes where it's obvious she's just another human being. I remember when Madonna first became popular. The year was 1984 and I was 11 years old and in fifth grade. Everyone thought that she was just a flash in the pan and wouldn't outlast the Rubik's Cube (Rubik's who?) It's gone, more or less, and more than twenty years later Madonna is still going strong in her 40's. I know many people don't like her or her music but she is very talented and has not only conquered music but management, the theatre, tv, and movies. Her new album comes out next month like all of her other albums the release of this one is an event of huge proportions. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. However, I've been hearing her new song Hung Up and I'm really digging it. Yes it does sample (Abba's Gimme Gimme Gimme, a fun song in itself) but it's got a good beat and it gets the head bopping. Is it her best song? No. Is it worthy of buying the album? Yes.

Speaking of fun and head bopping songs....I wrote a couple of weeks ago that I had been listening to a lot of Christian music lately. Well I started hearing a version of Open The Eyes Of My Heart that was upbeat and rockin' yet everytime the song was played the artist wasn't announced. I finally heard the artist's name the other day and I was shocked to learn that it is.......John Tesh. I never would have guessed him.


Enjoy your day.

Peace,

paul

No comments: