Saturday, October 08, 2005

I went to see the film In Her Shoes, the new film by director Curtis Hanson (L.A. Confidential, 8 Mile) and while it is a chick flick it's a well done chick flick. I've never been a fan of Cameron Diaz; do I think she has talent? Everyone does to some degree (some more than others). But do I think she is a good actress? No. I do think that she was born to play the role of Maggie Feller; the selfish, spoiled, thoughtless nymphomaniac she plays in the film. Toni Collette, on the other hand, is talented and a good actress. She is homely, as my spouse likes to point out, but, thankfully, that does not mean someone can't be a good actor/actress. Shirley MacLaine is as always cast in the matronly role but this time she is not as harsh or imperious as she usually plays. She's toned down and quite good.

If you are planning on flying Southwestern airlines then leave those offensive shirts in the closet. This past week a woman from Washington was booted off a Southwestern flight when her offensive shirt kept showing. Passengers originally complained of the shirt and then passenger Lorrie Heasley put a sweatshirt on but when she dozed off the sweatshirt revealed the shirt again. She was ordered to keep it covered or get off the plane; she and her husband chose the latter. The shirt: A picture of George Bush, Dick Cheney, and Condoleeza Rice with the words Meet The Fuckers (a play on the film title Meet The Fockers). I want one of those shirts!!!!! I'd wear it EVERYWHERE.

I'm liking the songs Soul Meets Body by Death Cab For Cutie (that's really the name of the group), the Casting Crowns song Lifesong and Chris Tomlin's song Indescribable. That's what I'm listening to.

Enjoy your day,

paul

No comments: