Friday, April 06, 2007

Saturday at the store with spousey

So, my spouse and I decided to take a jaunt to Dansville this morning; about half an hour from where we live. We needed some more bird seed and suet and then decided we would shop at Tops (they never stop saving us more; we saved a whole $8 and spent about $80). We got to Tops at about 11:27 and Jim knew I was expecting a phone call at 12:30 and I wanted to be home by that time to take the call. Any other time Jim would be breezing through the store and I'd barely be able to keep up with him. He's literally like a whirling dervish, you can see his form but he's all blurry because he's moving so fast. I literally go over one aisle to get something and come back to where he was and he's already three more aisles over. But not today......

Today, Jim decided to plod along as if he was a 90-year-old man. He had to go down just about every single aisle. If he went down an aisle and at first didn't see anything he needed, he would turn around and just look for something to buy. I was really getting frustrated and just wanted to get out of Tops. I don't like Tops and I think it's because the lighting is so harsh. It must be the white floors; at least the floors at Wegman's are neutral colors and creates a nicer lighting environment. After what seemed like an hour or two, we were finally ready to check out.

Our check out guy had to have been family (Jim is certain of it and I'm almost certain of it). He was so flamboyant (but that doesn't necessarily mean someone is gay) and when he was bagging the groceries he was literally just prattling on about the different items we had gotten. It wasn't even anything of much substance, just prattle. It wasn't really annoying; in fact it was kind of endearing because he had a sweetness to his voice. Jim didn't want me to use his real name and wanted me to refer to him as Pansy (I kid you not!) instead.

We finally got out of Tops and into the car at 12:06 (almost 40mins later; arguably the longest 40mins of my life) and got home, unloaded and put away the groceries and still had 8 mins to spare. And I didn't even get the call on time; that call was three minutes late.

I'm truly exhausted now and will be retiring to the boudoir to rest my weary head. I'm so glad I'm not flamboyant!

peace,

paul

p.s. Just because someone calls themselves a spouse does not, I repeat not, give them the right to hand you the phone while you are indisposed (if you catch my meaning)!!!!!! That's just not right.

No comments: