Wednesday, October 15, 2008

weekly post from October 5, 2008

Hello friends & loved ones:

This is not the email I had planned to write but when the spirit calls, one should listen (or face the consequences).

I will get this out of the way first: This is the time of year that I begin to get excited because the new tv season has started (From late Sept. to May I am a tv junkie; look out if one of my shows is on) and it's also the time of year when the movies that will be nominated for major Academy Awards begin to be released. I enjoy the mad dash to see them all before the big show. But as excited as I am during this time of year, I'm also hit with a sadness of sorts. I'm a giver/doer/helper and it's hard when I meet someone or love someone who does not appreciate that or takes that for granted or does not know how to give back fully. Thanks to my Pastor I've learned to enjoy life to its fullest and I even wake up cheerful now which is something I NEVER used to do. I give with all my heart; live passionately; revel in laughter; seek the fun that each day has to offer and try to squash negativity at every turn. It's not easy (at least not for me but I did learn from a master at it). It's very liberating and even when everything is going wrong, as long as I look at the irony and oddity of life I know I'll be smiling and realizing that everything is going to be alright.

It's great to be alive and it's even better to give your love to someone. The hard part comes when that love is not appreciated or when that love is not readily accepted. One has to realize that not everyone is suited to be together and sometimes one person is just not ready to be loved or share their love. It might just not be the right time. It's difficult and also a life lesson. It helps to grow us and make us better people.

I feel like I'm rambling so I'm going to wrap it up; but I will leave you with this. Realize your gifts/talents/assets and use them 100%. Don't become discouraged if you come up against someone who does not appreciate what you have to offer. Instead pledge to strengthen your resolve and sharpen those gifts so that the next person you meet (one who will surely appreciate what you have to offer) will certainly be damned thankful they met you.

Continue to pray for each other as I pray for you.

Until next time: Stay safe, stay happy and stay healthy.

love,

paul

No comments: