Tuesday, January 20, 2009

weekly email from January 17, 2009

Hello friends & loved ones,

It's a deep freeze here and just about everywhere else around the country. It's so cold that you can use a bammer to build things (check out my blog).

2009 is shaping up to be quite a different year from 2008 and it's all good. It's truly a new day. As the country prepares to celebrate a remarkable precedent-the swearing in of the 44th President who just happens to be the first African-American President of the U.S.-it seems the whole country is feeling they are on the brink of a new era in many ways.

For me, this is the year that I go completely outside of my comfort zone in my entire life. Looking back at 2008, I realize I've made many mistakes; some of which I may never be able to make up for and I am going to strive to NOT make those same mistakes again; this year or any year. I can see how far I've come in a number of areas of my life and some areas in which I regressed and really need to focus on getting better at. It's sometimes distressing to think we're going along just fine, really growing and being a better person and then we backtrack...OUCH! It's all part of the learning process that we all go through, it's not something we need to dwell on we just need to make an effort to be stronger and more vigilant in our determination to be the best we can be. Listen at that, I sound like an advertisement for the armed forces.


Wherever you are in your life, I pray you have the fortitude to follow through with your goals for yourself...everyday.

As for me, I'm so far measuring up to the bar I've set and even surprising myself along the way.

Each of you continues to be in my prayers.


Peace,

paul

No comments: