Saturday, January 31, 2009

weekly post from January 31, 2009

Hello Friends & Loved Ones,

Another week has gone by and tomorrow marks the first day of the second month of the year. Where did January go? And how did I get to the eve of my 36th birthday so quickly? It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating my 30th birthday down in Florida in that Mexican restaurant and I was telling myself this will be the year I go completely outspoken. Well, I've had some failures and missteps along the way but this year has started out with a bang in terms of me laying it on the line and being completely open and honest in all areas of my life.

This is also the year I reconnect with friends I've lost touch with (and keep that connection) and with the church. I am determined to make my 36th year my best one yet. I'm doing new things that stretch my comfort, including shaving my head which will happen on March 1. This will be done to show solidarity with a woman at church going through chemotherapy. I've also got my own youtube video. It was done with the help of a co-worker and since I had never experienced the thrill of talking with a helium voice, she was willing to help me enhance the moment by recording it. I had received the balloon and I wanted to inhale the helium but no one would "play" with me. My co-worker finally relented after we were done working for the day.

Enjoy the video! Below is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4MBQtlsaNM

Until next week, stay connected and remember to stay happy, stay healthy and stay safe.

love,

paul

No comments: