Thursday, July 06, 2006

It's a gay gay world

The pride parade is only two days away and I felt like getting into the spirit early. My spouse has gaydar (and sometimes it seems he thinks EVERYONE is gay; I don't have gaydar and wouldn't know another gay unless they kissed me on the mouth. I also never exaggerate.) Anyway, the rumor mill has been churning fast and furious lately over whether the new Superman, 26-year-old Brandon Routh (rhymes with Mouth), is gay or not. His costar in the movie, Kevin Spacey, has also been rumored to be gay and the director of the film, Bryan Singer, really is gay. Wow! This could be the gayest movie since Brokeback Mountain. Another celebrity whose sexuality has been speculated about is 29-year-old Taylor "Soul Patrol" Hicks (of American Idol fame). Who knows whether these two are gay or not. Maybe we'll find out one day when they decide to come out, a la Ellen Degeneres or maybe we'll never know even as their popularity wanes, which it eventually will. What is certain, at least in my humble mind, is that we do need some new gay icons for the younger generation. For you women out there, there's LeAnn Rimes. Ok, she's not really gay but she does like to hang out in gay bars. Why? Because, according to her, we're more fun. We are more fun! Show me a party where there are gays and lesbians mixed in with heterosexuals and I'll show you the table that's the loudest and elicits the most laughs.

Happy Pride!

peace,

paul

No comments: