Monday, July 31, 2006

weekly post from July 23, 2006

Hello friends & loved ones,

It's been a long week and now it's Sunday night and Jim and I are just chilling. We had dinner with a couple on Saturday and then today Jim and another preacher swapped pulpits; he preached at the Tawa Pano Unity Christian Fellowship, a church for GLBT people of color and the other preacher spoke at our church. Let me tell you the people in Tawa Pano (it means we are here) have it going on when it comes to singing and boogeying and clapping and stomping. I found myself easily getting into their groove and even giving a shot a clapping in syncopation. It was wild and fun. And I got to see Jim preach in a style I had never seen. He is truly a chameleon. Everytime someone said, "Say it again," Jim did just that. Then we managed, somehow, to make it back to our church to hear the other preacher. After that we had lunch and then did some errands. We managed to get home between 5 and 6 after leaving around 7:15am. Then I suffered a major asthma attack which I had thought was pneumonia. I had trouble breathing for the past two days and it got progressively worse. At the beginning of the week I had problems with sinuses and I had feared it turned into pneumonia or bronchitis. I'm feeling much better now and we're just sitting and watching America's Got Talent. There are some peculiar people out there. And David Hasselhoff is the Paula Abdul of the show. You may or may not know that Paula Abdul is the flaky and trite host of American Idol.

Jim and I celebrated three years as a married couple this past week and for his anniversary I got him a new watch (which he had been wanting but he "lost" the other watch I bought him) and he got me XM satellite radio. Now he's jealous of my gift and I'm always wanting to look at his watch because I never wear a watch; maybe I should start again. There was a time I could not leave the house without one on.

peace,

paul

No comments: