Monday, July 03, 2006

POP! it

I listen to the radio alot and I enjoy a wide range, wide wide range of music. I can listen to classical for a while and then suddenly decide I want to hear some rap (not the hardcore stuff though) but what I really enjoy is true blue bubblegum pop. I haven't heard much b.p. lately. It's called bubblegum pop because it's like chewing gum; it's flavorful for a short while and then it quickly goes flat and it's time to move on to the next thing, or the next piece of gum (whichever comes first). There has been some really good b.p. in the last ten years. Any early uptempo Britney Spears songs (and by early I mean from her first two albums only); anything uptempo from 'Nsync; Eiffel 65's Blue; Hanson's "MMMBop" (still one of my all time favs); and Aqua's "Barbie Girl." These are songs that are so sweet that they make my teeth ache. I'm ready for another really good dance infused pop song. It seems to me that the British enjoy their saccharine sweet pop more than Americans; that's just based on what I've seen and heard. As Madonna pointed out in her 80's dance hit "Into The Groove" (when people still thought she was a flash in the pan), I'm waiting.......

paul

No comments: