Wednesday, February 21, 2007

weekly post from February 17, 2007

Hello friends & loved ones,

We survived our first major snowstorm of the winter; hey, we're not doing too badly. Thankfully we didn't get anywhere near the amount of snow that Oswego got, more than 100 inches. And it's still really cold but the temps have inched up a bit. On Wednesday morning I made it all the way from work to our road and then got stuck turning on to our road. The snow was so thick (and not yet plowed because schools were closed) that even with front wheel drive I could not go anywhere. After about 5 minutes a guy in a van came along and was going to drive me out as I pushed but just then a plow came along and made a clearing. At that point I just had to get the car moved from the thick snow onto the clear part. I had called Jim and he had a rental car because he was driving to PA for a meeting. He backed out of the driveway and discovered he couldn't go anywhere because of the thick snow. At that point he called back and said he would walk up to me (about 1 mile). Once the plow came and I got unstuck I started driving to the house and passed Jim walking along the road with the shovel (he waved me on to keep going). It was quite frustrating not being able to move at all and being so close to home. Of course I can't imagine being stuck on a highway for almost 24 hours; not able to move, no food, no water, no bathroom. Jim did make it to PA alright (and he did not take I-78) and made it back safely.

Not a lot going on in this part of the world. I hope in your part of the world you are well and having fun.

peace,

paul

No comments: