Thursday, May 05, 2005

Have you ever just stepped outside early in the morning and just listened to all of the songs of the birds? I get out of work at 5:30 in the morning and when I arrive home I have to stand outside for a few minutes just listening to all of the different birds and their different sounds and songs. It's really amazing the sounds they make.

My spouse and I got into a little disagreement yesterday about a news story I heard. Usually we pretty much agree on social issues, however, this time we didn't. Two high school students in Minnesota were suspended for wearing buttons that said I "heart" my vagina. I can't make the heart symbol so I have to write it out. The buttons were inspired by the play The Vagina Monologues. The school, which probably has a dress code, suspended them because the buttons were inappropriate and some students found them offensive. My spouse lumped this in with free speech, however, I don't agree. I think a school is an inappropriate venue for wearing items like that and if they were in violation of the dress code then they most certainly should have been suspended. Nothing wrong with a little healthy disagreement.

That's all, enjoy your day

paul

No comments: