Saturday, May 07, 2005

summer movies edition

It was an absolutely beautiful day today. Not too warm, nice breeze, sunny. I walked outside barefoot for a while and just enjoyed the feeling of the grass between my toes. Soon the fireflies will be out and it will be a veritable lightshow as it gets darker. That's always enjoyable to me.

Here's the list of the summer movies I'm really looking forward to. These are the movies I plan to shell out $6 for. I always try to go to matinees because I don't want to pay $2-3 more dollars for an evening show.

Monster-In-Law: Whatever you may think of Jane Fonda, she is talented and I for one am looking forward to seeing her back on the big screen as an over the top mother in law. JLo plays her "poor" daughter-in-law.

Cinderella Man: The reteaming of Ron Howard and Russell Crowe. Crowe is a wonderful actor and despite his turbulent personal life he knows how to deliver on screen. Also on screen with him is Renee Zellweger, another one of my favs. I'm drooling already (only figuratively).

The 40-Year-Old Virgin: It has Steve Carrell in it. The guy from the remake of The Office and Bruce Almighty. He's funny; enough said.

Bewitched: Not a true reworking of the original series. In the movie Darrin and Samantha don't already know each other and she is hired on his tv show. Shirley MacLaine plays Endora and Steve Carrell (yes, him again) plays Uncle Arthur. I hope he does Paul Lynde proud.

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith: Only because I've watched all of the other ones and I'm interested to see how Anakin becomes Darth Vader and besides my spouse will want to see it so I'll happily accompany him.

Honorable Mention to War Of The Worlds: The original still creeps me out a bit, however, I will go to check out Tom Cruise as action/sci fi hero and of course cute and not so little anymore Dakota Fanning is in it. This is an event movie in the same vein as Independence Day and one reason I'll go is because many people will be talking about it and I don't want to be left out (haha).

That's it for now. Enjoy your evening.

paul

No comments: