Thursday, June 02, 2005

Hit The Road Foulkes

I've never professed to be perfect but I do live the best life I can lead. I strive to be honest, true to myself, friendly with others, and do good wherever I can. That's all we can do in this life. Life is not something to get through or to suffer through, it's living each day to the best of one's ability. It's a learning process that doesn't end until death.

What I'm listening to on the radio: I'm really enjoying the new Dave Matthews Band song, American Baby. I've liked certain songs by them, however, I've never been a devoted fan. I'm also enjoying Gavin DeGraw (he sounds a bit like Jon Bon Jovi) and his new song Chariot. One other song I'm enjoying is by a rock group called Staind (I kid you not) and their song Right Here.

Jaw dropper of the day: Talk about a road trip, this is the ultimate road trip. A woman in her 80's in Melbourne, Sydney, took to the road despite being refused an extension of her license. She was denied an extension due to old age. So Marian Foulkes and her husband Tom travelled 1,400 miles from Melbourne to New South Wales. At one point during their journey a cop, who thought they were disoriented, took their car keys so they travelled by bus for the remainder of their journey. They were eventually found at a hotel in Canberra, the Australian capital. Their son reported his parents missing and they travelled for two weeks before being found by police. Both of them have varying degrees of dementia, however, they no doubt enjoyed being "on the run."

Wherever you are today, enjoy it.

paul

No comments: