Tuesday, July 12, 2005

It's gonna be another scorcher today. This is not the kind of weather I think of when I think of summer. I think of 70's-80's, cool, sunny, comfortable. Ahhhhhhh, wait where do I find that weather? Oh, in my head. I'm sure it's like that somewhere even though I didn't grow up with that kind of summer. I grew up in Texas where it was nice if the temps didn't reach the 100 mark.

Someone in Canada sure was excited about the 6th Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. They were so excited, in fact, that it was put on display last week at Raincoast Books Ltd. near Vancouver. The book isn't due out for another four days but several copies were sold. The customers had to be tracked down and the books returned and they also had to sign gag orders not to reveal the plot. Sounds like a spy mystery or something.

Jaw dropper of the day: There are about 10,000 prostitutes in Berlin and 63-year-old grandmother and wife Renate Dolle is one of them. She's been prostituting for 49years and plans to retire next year when she turns 64. Her husband drops her off every night (how open minded of him) and on a good night she can have as many as 5 clients at $36 each. Wow!!!! The prostitutes in our country would never make it on that.

Wherever you are today, be safe.

paul

No comments: