Saturday, July 09, 2005

It's an overcast Saturday here in Western, NY. Jim volunteered to man an information booth for the hospice company he works for, unfortunately, for him, it turned out to be a Saturday morning. So we're in Rochester and he's helping to run an information booth at the Camp Good Days. I'm sitting here writing my blog on a laptop. I've never been technically inclined (that's Jim's area of expertise, one of them anyway) and while I know how to surf the web and basically use a computer, that's been the extent of my interest in computers. However, sitting here working on this laptop, I feel differently. I think I want one; they are very cool and convenient. The one I'm working on right now isn't huge, in fact, for my size it fits me. Hmmm.... now to start dropping hints that I may want one for Christmas.

Jaw dropper of the day: Furniture movers in Selma, Alabama, got a shock while they were moving a couch from the home of a deceased woman. They found an active grenade stuck in the bottom of the couch. The ATF, FBI and the Bomb Squad were called in (do you think they should have also called in the National Guard?) and they had to use a robot with a camera to get to the grenade. They could not tell from the camera, however, if the pin was still in the grenade so one of the members of the bomb squad had to look. Yup, it was still in. Jeez, Louise, if it wasn't still in and the grenade was active, I would imagine that it would have exploded long ago. The woman's son, who is also deceased, had been in the military but it's not known for sure how it got there.

Wherever you are today, enjoy.

paul

No comments: