Monday, July 25, 2005

O Canada Day 4

Another fabulous day in Calgary. We got to hear Bishop Steven Charleston, President of Epicopal Divinity School, preach this morning. He likes the Catholic liturgy and preaches like a Baptist. He was wonderful and he didn't overdo the Baptist preaching style. I never used to like people calling out, Hallelujah, praise the Lord, yes, Amen, etc, during service or during the sermon. I've grown tolerant of it and maybe someday I may even do it myself. If I'm so compelled to do so.

The clergy and lay people voted in a new Moderator, Rev. Nancy Wilson, will start her 6 year term in October. Fortunately, I will also be at her installation at the National Cathedral. Three people from each church participating will be serving communion/holding the elements. I'll be holding the elements from the Open Arms church. By the way, I'm getting more and more used to my digital camera. It's really true, the more you use something, the less "afraid" of it you become.

We had dinner at an Irish restaurant and pub and I had shepherd's pie for the very first time. It was really good. Of course, I will have to order it again so I can compare but I liked it. I had wanted to try it for a long time and we were at a restaurant where it was served, so I said, "what the hell."

Tomorrow we take a bus tour up to the Canadian Rockies and ride the gondola up the mountain.

We were feeling a bit peckish for some sort of dessert so we just ordered room service and here he is now.

More tomorrow,

paul

No comments: