Friday, March 04, 2005

It's a wonderfully sunny Saturday here in Western NY. I've been in a bit of a depression the past week and a half (I'm still not sure why) but it seems to have passed. Not much going on, Jim is napping and I'm sitting here typing and watching tv. I'm watching that ESPN show Playmakers, the one that was cancelled after 11 eps because of pressure from the NFL. It follows a fictional pro football team and the players' personal lives and troubles. I've yet to hear the word NFL, however, one of the reasons (if not the only reason) the show was cancelled is because the league was afraid that it would portray them in a bad light and give people the impression that all football players are like the ones on the show. Um, hello, it's a television show, and it's not set as a reality show either. It's very interesting. I didn't watch it when it was on but I do remember hearing all the flack it was getting. I also heard there was a gay character; haven't seen one yet but I am only on the fifth episode.

That's it for now; more later......

p

No comments: