Thursday, March 03, 2005

white weekend

The snow has stopped (for now) but there's more on the way this weekend AND next week. However, that just brings us one week closer to spring.

Yesterday I was all upset because I couldn't get the page to load so I knew if my blog posted or not. It turns out it did post, I just didn't realize it; sometimes I have no patience.

Ridiculous item of the day: It is difficult to be granted a divorce in Iran, however, it can be done on grounds of neglect (financially or sexually), spousal abuse, or drug addiction. This of course has to be proved. Well stop the presses, a woman in Iran is seeking divorce from her husband for not being clean. The woman, who was identified only as Mina, says her husband has not bathed in over a year. She says even his children won't go near him (they probably can't because he smells so bad). When they met 8 years ago, she says, he was obsessive about being clean. Now he has some sort of aversion to water and he won't bathe. "Everybody is making fun of us. We cannot go to any parties. I feel so ashamed," she was quoted as saying. Geez, I feel dirty if I go one day without washing only my HAIR, forget about going a day without showering. I can't even imagine the dirt and the smell that must be emanating from him.

That's all for now. More later.

love,

p

No comments: