Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Good morning,

W(h)ine of the week: Whenever the snow starts falling heavy and fast, it never fails, the crazies come out on the roads. They drive too fast for the conditions, hog the lanes and tailgate as if their lives depended on it. I'm no old lady (usually) but when I can barely see the lines on the road, I'm not going to kill myself. The worst ones are the 18 wheeler that whiz by and blow snow everywhere so that one literally cannot see where they are going. Now if you'll excuse me, my bottle is ready.

There's one cafe in Northern Chicago that has the right idea. A Taste Of Heaven cafe owner Dan McCauley has posted a sign in his cafe that states, "Children of all ages have to behave and use their indoor voices." McCauley has received hundreds of letters and phone calls, many of which have been supportive, and not all from the state of Illinois. Of course some parents take the sign to mean that if they have children they aren't welcome. Give me a break!! I like kids, I used to work with kids, and I appreciate children, but I think kids, and more importantly parents, should behave in public places such as restaurants, libraries, banks, etc.... One place they can go wild is a playground. My spouse and I rarely eat in restaurants that may have a lot of kids. It's not that we don't like them but we want to enjoy ourselves when we're out and let's face it, many kids run wild and amok. Of course that's not all their fault......

Another thought: Saddam Hussein stormed out of his trial yesterday,told the judge to go to hell, said it was an act of terrorism that he doesn't have clean underwear (TOO much info) and can't smoke wherever he wants, and didn't show up for his trial today; DRAMA QUEEN!!!!!

paul

No comments: