Saturday, December 10, 2005

I saw the trailer for Memoirs Of A Geisha on tv the other day. I should say I saw the trailer again. I cannot remember the last time I've been so thrilled about seeing a movie. I have probably seen the trailer between 40 and 50 times and I still haven't tired of it. My excitement over this movie just cannot be suppressed. I read the book back in October during the week my spouse and I went to the National Cathedral and I finished the 448 page book that week and was truly sad when it was over. I already know some things from the book have been cut from the movie but my enthusiasm cannot be dampened. So next time someone says there's no joy in going to the movies, you send them to me!

A little humor for the day. My thanks to Pammy in Florida for this.

The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.

The Washington Post is read by people who think they run the country.

The New York Times is read by people who think they should run thecountry and who are very good at crossword puzzles.

USA Today is read by people who think they ought to run the countrybut don't really understand The New York Times. They do, however, liketheir statistics shown in pie charts.

The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn't mind running thecountry -- if they could find the time and if they didn't have to leaveSouthern California to do it.

The Boston Globe is read by people whose parents used to run thecountry and did a far superior job of it, thank you very much.

The New York Daily News is read by people who aren't too sure who'srunning the country and don't really care as long as they can get a seaton the train.

The New York Post is read by people who don't care who's running thecountry as long as they do something really scandalous, preferably whileintoxicated.

The Miami Herald is read by people who are running another countrybut need the baseball scores.

The San Francisco Chronicle is read by people who aren't sure thereis a country ... or that anyone is running it; but if so, they opposeall that they stand for. There are occasional exceptions if the leadersare handicapped minority feminist atheist dwarfs who also happen to beillegal aliens from any other country or galaxy provided, of course,that they are not Republicans.

The National Enquirer is read by people trapped in line at thegrocery store.

No comments: