Sunday, December 25, 2005

weekly post-December 24, 2005

I didn't realize I was so behind in posting my weekly emails

Here it is another Christmas Eve. I decided to be really annoying and type this in red and green. I was going to do all red but then thought, no, I'll go the extra festive step. Jim thinks that red is an "angry" color but I think it's just misunderstood. Red doesn't have to signify anger all the time, it can mean fun and liveliness and festivity.

We had a wonderful dinner with two friends from Binghamton last night. They are both so much fun and so easy to be with. We can say anything without being judged; a refreshing thing considering our world today. Next week we'll have dinner with a good friend from Elmira, someone I don't get the chance to see as often as I'd like.

I feel a bit deflated this morning; a feeling that started yesterday afternoon. I figured out why: The film that I had been looking forward to seeing for so long has been seen and I was disappointed. It's really weird but I was really really really looking forward to seeing Memoirs Of A Geisha; I don't remember the last time seeing a film held so much anticipation and excitement for me, if there ever was a time. I finally saw it yesterday and I ended feeling disappointed, as I knew I would on some level. The book was incredibly good and the movie just did not capture the true feeling of the book. I'm glad I saw it but now it's like this "huge" event is over. Now I've just nothing more to look forward to (actually, I was just kidding with that last line).

Today Jim will do some baking and I'll be off to see Munich (it's being called a controversial film but really, if you think about it, the whole event is controversial. The film is only controversial in the fact that the event is being replayed and "packaged" as a movie for everyone to see.) This evening we'll have Christmas Eve service and then tomorrow so of the deacon trainees will hold a Christmas Day service. I like the idea of having a Christmas Eve service and, since Christmas is on a Sunday, not having a Sunday service. Jim and I will not attend the service being held tomorrow but some people felt it was important to have something that day and some of the deacon trainees stepped up and took charge.

No comments: