Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I had an incident happen to me yesterday that really irritated me but not for too long. I firmly and strongly believe that if one is going to work in a video store that they have SOME knowledge of movies. For example, if a remake is coming out, they should know that it is a remake. So, without further ado, a written copy of an actual conversation I had with an employee of Hollywood Video on December 19, 2005 around 8pm EST.

(Phone rings and then picks up): Hello, Hollywood Video, this is Sara.

Me: Yes, I'm wondering if you have the movie Fun With Dick And Jane.

Sara: That hasn't come out yet.

Me: Oh! I was looking for the original one.

Sara: That hasn't been released on DVD or VHS yet. It won't be for a long time.

Me: Oh, I wanted the original Fun With Dick And Jane with George Segal and Jane Fonda from 1976.

Sara: Let me check. (silence while Sara checks. Comes back to phone). We don't have that title. (Her tone is clearly that of, "I told you it hasn't come out yet.")

Me: Ok, thank you for checking.

At this point I called Blockbuster and spoke with Jonathan. I gave Jonathan all of the info for the movie, year, stars, etc. and they had it. I felt like taking it and driving to Hollywood Video and waving it in Sara's face and saying, "It is out! It is out!"

Enjoy your day,

paul

No comments: